Steel Mace Basics
The Fundamentals of Steel Mace Training
Today we are going to learn a basic (fundamental) Steel Mace Transition.
A transition may be used in the following ways:
- As an individual exercise
- As a transitional movement to get you from right to left or vice versa.
- As a transitional movement you can use between exercises.
Your guide (the photos above correspond to the steps below):
1. Start with an under/over hand placement on your Steel Mace. You will hold your mace in place in Horizontal Middle (right above the belly button).
2. Get your Steel Mace into a Cross Body Top Body Placement.
3. Meet in the middle. Palms together, as if praying.
4. Get your Steel Mace into a Cross Body Top Body Placement on the opposite side.
5. End in Horizontal Middle. Repeat in the other direction.
Additional Coach Comments:
- Practice this Steel Mace Transition slowly, in parts when you first begin. Then speed up the switch once you feel ready to do so.
- Always add tension/anti-rotation to your Steel Mace at the end point, on each side.