Steel Mace Basics
The Fundamentals of Steel Mace Training
Today we are going to learn a basic exercise that is great for begineers – Steel Mace Strikes!
Your guide (the photos above correspond to the steps below):
1. Grab your steel mace and place it to the side of you. Your hand should be right underneath the mace head.
2. In a straight path (from shoulder to elbow to wrist) punch out in front of you. Then bring it back to the starting position.
3. Now once again, in a straight path, punch down with your Steel Mace. Then bring it back to the starting position.
Additional Coach Comments:
- Make sure you worh both sides (left and right).
- Always make space for the steel mace by staying in a boxer stance position as you strike and go through the movement.